Life is a open book test, you can choose things, in every situation in life your being tested, yet, you can't always be perfect. I've failed but I've learned to and am still learning to keep on going. There's something in me to say give up faith, but I know I can't now, especially at the darkest of times.
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetthing what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 13-14 (TNIV)
Running After Me
(Ben Glover)
Here I am again
Oh the same old-fashioned sin
And the same old-fashioned shame
I'm as dirty as the rug
In a darkened alley pub
And I am sick and tired of this old-fashioned game
Will I ever truly understand?
I can hide but you know where I am
And youpursue my heart before I ever get too far away from you
And I've gone so far
But you've come so close
And I've fought so hard
But you grab me and you pull me back again
And I've run away
But you keep on running after me
Running after me
Should I keep falling down?
And make friends with the ground?
And the mud that's on my face
Do I like my disarray
And the way my edges fray
As I disregard this discomfort and dismay.
Will I truly understand?
I'm not always the seeker in your plan
Cause you pursed my heart before I ever started chasing after you
Chase me down and capture all I am
Cause I'm fighting off the will to wander again
Be my retreat, my sweet release, my remedy
Sometimes for God, (Sometimes I chose to be and stand for God)
Often against God, (I've seen in my own life, that God isn't always the biggest picture, at times it's ME)
Never without (Yet, he'll never leave me even when I run from Him)
IvoryCrescent (09:56 PM): RAVE AT CHRISTINA'S
Anyone wanna come?
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment