"I can so easily fool others on how I'm feeling, but I can't fool myself or God."
The reason we hide our faults is pride. We want others to think we have everything "under control." The truth is, whatever you can't talk about is already out of your control in your life: thoughts, secret habits, or anything else. If you could handle it on your own, you would have already done so.
I have to learn and get down:
-Humility
-Patients
-Revealing struggles
-Spending time with God (I know since summer school started I'm on the biggest life slide)
-The battle for sin is won or lost in your mind.
-Growth is often painful and scary. There is no growth without change; there is no change witout fear or loss; and there is no loss without pain.
-If you're losing the battle against a persistent bad habit, an addiction, or a temptation, and you're stuck in a repeating cycle of good intention-failure-guilt, you will not get better on your own! You need the help of other people.
"I am made to last forever"
Sunday, June 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment