-Michael Card
Master, look at me. My name is Gomer and I have been unfaithful. You called me your bride, inviting me into the intimacy of walking with you. And I have broken faith. Jesus, I turn back to you. I acknowledge the price you paid to buy me back. And so I ask, Lord, that you would keep a close watch on me. Don’t let me go, or else I’m likely to stray once more. You are my Faithfulness, my Ransom, my patient, loving, forgiving Husband.
I'm still really thinking about my devotional I read this morning before I headed off to school. The questions have really stuck to me.
It's so often that we sin against God and go our own way. It's so funny each time we draw closer and closer to him. Could God be using the pain to invite me deeper into his heart?

No comments:
Post a Comment