Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lent


Lent
Originally uploaded by KimTheWolf.
One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainide to pray, and spent the night praying to God.
Luke 6:12

The season of Lent will start on March 1 this year and will end on April 15.

A couple years ago I gave up meat. I was content about it. I didn't feel tempted to eat it at all. That was a time when I drew nearer to God. I got really sick that time too about 3 weeks. I ended up in the hospital. This was in 8th grade my stomach just didn't like it. On my Washington D.C. trip I had to watch what I ate too. I made sure there was no meat in my meals.

This year I think God is hinting me a little more about water. This week I was on a water rush. I will give up all drinks except for water. This may be tough knowing how much coffee I consume and boba!

As I draw nearer to him and learn more this season of lent will have a lot of soul-searching and repentance. To reflect on what he has done for me. To rededicate myself to the teaching of Him. To really get into the world. To resist temptation. Spiritual discipline and definitely prayer! Prayer may be my alarm clock knowing that I need to talk, confess, and thank him for everything, and letting my life be a testament is my life style.

I ask that you help me resist temptation and teach me through being tempted that I may grow deeper. What would I do if you tempted me with coffee or boba? You can't really tempt me with soda, since I don't like soda.

No comments: