Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Your Own Faith

So knowing me I grew up in a baptist church background. Very family oriented churches. I've learned so much. But, in learning so much I've also leared in making my faith my own faith in God. In these last couple of years, I haven't see as many events on joining the family. Except one Calvin. He is a man of faith. He didn't need anyone to push him, he didn't need anyone to accompany him to confirmation class, and let me tell you he took it twice!

In order to make your faith your own faith, you have to do it, all by yourself. If you don't do it by yourself, you don't feel like your doing it for God. You feel like your doing it for others. Where is your leap of faith? How can you leap by yourself? You always ask and doubt, I might fall. No, you won't if you just believe.

For me my steps were baby steps. I accepted Christ in the summer before 4th grade. It took me a couple of years to pick up my own phone and call my pastor up. It was then where my faith was really know. But, it took a fight that day to get into the baptism pool and get baptized. I wanted to and my faith was right with God, but then the shadows casted down and thoughts ran through my head. But, my faith in God prevailed that day.

Lord, you are the One I put my faith in. I will not test my faith, but grow deeper in faith. If other's test me, I will learn and have more faith. But, then again what is more faith? More faith is when you are in awe of God and rely solely on Him.

I'm really a thinker when I'm in the shower...

No comments: