Saturday, November 06, 2010

Speaking

I've taken a hiatus in speaking. I've been teaching the junior highers. But, there is apart of me where I still feel God's calling to use my gifts in ways I have thrived before. Using my gifts to preach the Word and also to do missions. I can tell you that life comes full circle. It makes many different circles. I started with a calling in missions as my focal point at college. Soon I would understand that God was calling me both to missions and also to preach the Gospel. Here I am thinking of the different careers where I can be going to only find myself back at uncomfortable. Maybe this job is letting me earn enough money to get back on the field. Maybe that's God's dream for me. Yet, in this Asian society and family you are pushed to make money. Money isn't everything. Jesus tells us to sell everything. Yet, we American's accumulate everything!

Why uncomfortable? Well uncomfortable means living a life of giving. Yet, in our society many people understand a life of saving or spending. We save money all our lives only to lose it or never use it. We spend money on things that don't matter. Being uncomfortable means thinking highly of others before yourself. Recently I have sponsored another Compassion kid. He's awesome! He's a cute button, but for him to know the Gospel and to know someone loves him and is helping to provide for him cost something. It cost David and I thirty something dollars a month. Nots not much. Uncomfortable means spending money on things that you don't need, but to fulfill the needs of others. I have just filled a shoe box. What I put in the shoe box doesn't compare to God's love for me. I am willing to fill a shoe box to share the love of Christ.

But, the real question I believe is. Am I willing to leave everything to follow Christ. That means leaving my job and going to places I may not like to go to. To the place of the mission field or into the church full time.

I want to ask you a question a real question. Where have you been spending your money these last few months, weeks, days? Has it been on you? What about others?

Can you live uncomfortably so others can live comfortably? Can you lay down your life as Christ laid down His? I'm not saying stop everything you are doing. But, consider your actions. Are you really listening to the needs of people? Are you thinking of others before yourself?

No comments: