Bible left alone to collect dust. Prayers are empty. Calloused heart. Signs of complacency. Where are You are God? God, You seem so far, yet so near. Remind me of Your redeeming love. The price on the Cross. A debt that I could not pay."Taking the bus to Haenam I have recently realized that over the past three months it has been incredibly hard to grow. My thirst to spend time with God is slowly diminishing." How do we reach out to my generation? How do I keep on growing for God? Tiff has been serving and serving. Maybe God wants me to live my life out. He's loves me. I trust Him. I trust Him with my life. I trust Him even in my "where an I really growing"? You don't see that your growing until after you grow. Oh, man! What a concept. So even if you feel like you aren't growing. God is showing you new things. God is growing you in ways you don't understand.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
MIA a Lost Generation
I've been MIA for awhile, sorry.
Many of us who have been in the church since childhood have now entered into a new stage of life. Many would call this post-graduate life. I would agree. Many of us who use to be very active in the church have become stagnant. But, are churches equipped to deal with this stage of life. They come out with new services or classes geared for us. But, is it enough? I really believe it's relationships especially in this time of your life that you really understand God. The relationships of a mentor, friend, or family member. They show you who God is in their lives. You see how they live for God. You see how they serve. You see them love God.
I've talked to many people who have said they feel "lonely" even in the church setting. Why is that? I've been asked many times is there a young adult fellowship at your church? The easiest thing I know to respond is. Well I either hangout with the kiddos or families with kids. There's no between. Should there be a between? Is there a gap? Is that why we lose the people in the gap?
One of my buddies we grew up together in the church. We've shared our struggles and many high times in our lives. She is now over in Korea serving. I echo many of the words she does and thoughts. It's hard to GROW. Why is it so hard to grow?
I stole this from her blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment