Monday, March 13, 2006

Heart of A Champion

Chanoko Series January 28, February 18, and March 11, 2006

God is the best!

Thank you for all your prayers for my grandma and also for my race series!

The weather has been killer for the week and on into the weekend. God really watched over me this weekend. I am so thankful. It's been snowing everywhere, and on Saturday rain was suppose to come in. But, guess what? The sun was out! It wasn't cold at all.

I woke up nice and early and even had time for breakfast at La Bou!

The last will be first relates to me. I might have come in last, but I came in first. For this race, and in God's eyes.

The heart of a champion comes at a price. A price of practicing, of getting injured, of getting back up after I fall, of being all wet throughout the race, it also comes with many lessons. On my mountain bike trail there is a point where you get to the top and you look over to the lake, it's right in view. That's one rewarding part of the trail, you see God's awesome creation all in your view, nice and wide open.

For me I was a lone for parts of the race, but I knew I had to still have the race of God. I still had to keep going. I needed to finish the race. I couldn't just walk my bike up the hills, I biked up all the hills. For me the biggest goals were just to finish the races. All three of them. Boy, I made it! God was with me those 42 miles. I talked to myself and sang to myself and had to totally keep my hands on my bike and guide my way down, with God. I just sang praises to him, knowing, "Wow! I made it this far!"

I told many of you guys my struggles for the first two races. My hydropack wouldn't give me water. I guess the tube must have got tangled. I was thristy. I had to stop and just open the lid and drink from it, but I didn't close it. So when I reached down or bent down water would soak my shirt, and it was cold! My shoe lace got stuck in the peddle.

My second race I forgot my hydropack altogether. I was so happy to vacation in Sacramento, that I forgot to pack it. I had no water on the trails.

My last race, God really, I mean really was good to me! He always is! I had my hydro pack and GU. My hydropack was nice to be and let me drink water.

My helment strap came off in my first race, and second race. My last race through transition I could barely even put it on! I was struggling.

I learned that I really need food as fuel through my races. I had some climax for my first two races. But, my GU and water pulled me through my last race.

I'm the champion for female 16-19.

I might have fell into a lot of puddles and got all wet, but hey it was great fun.

Starting out, I was really tired. When I got on my mountain bike, dude was I cranking. I made up time on my bike. I cut down my time by twenty minutes!

Putting on the face of Christ, and running the race that he has set out, the heart of a champion in Him.

No comments: