Spring Break has come to and end. This was my most relaxing break yet. In the end, I get sick. My throat is killing me right now. I can barely eat or swallow right now. I might have to make a stop at Kaiser again tomorrow. Pray that whatever it is that it will go away soon.

We (Janine, Allison, Linda, Sherry, Sally, Eric, Chew, Yun, and Mikey) went over to Walnut Creek. We played in the aracade for a little while. DDR, air hockey, and some shooting games. We watched The Benchwarmers, Lucky Number Slevin, and Take The Lead. I only saw two of those movies. I saw the first two.

The Benchwarmers was my favorite. Yes, it was funny and stupid at times. There were some serious things. Like at the end where the guy realizes that he lied and he needed to change. In order for him to change he also needed to help someone else realize that he has changed and to change that persons life. By just saying sorry to him. The guy accepted that apology and it was sweet. The guy tells him how he wants change in his life. It's so genuine. They start a new friendship again, after what had happened before. He showed mercy and grace. The guy forgave him. It's a great movie. I totally can relate to it right now in my life, I wish the ending would happen in my life right now. The guy realized his mistakes and said sorry because he knew he had to, the person forgave. The guy realized that's all the guy wanted to hear, "Sorry." He wanted to hear, "You are forgiven." They realized that it was a new start in there friendship and that nothing could tear them apart even though they were mad at each other.
Lucky Number Slevin fits in to the category of Oceans 11 and 12. It's one of those werid movies. At first I didn't get it much, of course the ends is where everything kind of fit together and made more sense to me, the ends is where the lesson and the story really comes out. The little boy works up his debt, which wasn't really his debt. They killed his father. The guy spared him his own life, but he had to pay for it. He had to pay for it in killing others, in suffering wounds, of being bullied. He does all this for his fathers sake. His father thought he was able to get all this money instead he couldn't get all the money and he died for it. The little kid had to do whatever it took to get back at the killers of his father. The guy that spared him his life helped him do just that. Interestingly he falls in love with Lindsay (Lucy Liu). In the ends everyone understands each other more clearly.

1 comment:
Was planning to avoid "Benchwarmers" like Gonorrhea, but just might break down and see it tomorrow .. good review
Post a Comment