Saturday, April 08, 2006

Praise You In My Storm

Casting Crowns
Today this song speaks louder than before. The storm around me felt like I couldn't carry on any longer. My thoughts churned and churned. Anything anyone said to me today was like a dis. I didn't play good, your playing too good. Which one is it? The middle is where you should play. I can't get to perfect. The tears I cried was of helplessness. I look to you Lord. My strength is almost gone. Lord you hold the tears that I cry. You wipe them away from me. You are the one who will save the day!
I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen"
and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God
Who gives and takes away

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God
Who gives and takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

No comments: