Sometimes I'm just too flexible. I just got home, I know what your thinking, it's 1:50A.M. and I have art and photo final tomorrow. Well let me tell you I'm cold and tired. When I want to talk, the world shuts me down. This is my way of communication. Too often, more and more teenagers are being shut up because everyone is too busy for them that they resort to this "blogging and hiding".
Too often God tells us to be flexible! Yet, many of us disobey. That's what tonight was all about for me. I didn't say no, I don't have time. I said YES! I babysat twice this evening. My regular in the afternoon and then later this evening. This evening was more powerful than ever. I babysat this evening shortly after dinner after getting a phone call that someone needed me this evening. When I went over I learned that I might be taking care of another girl, this girl comes back and forth to there house because she needed the comfort, support, and security of a loving family. This girls mother was a drug addict, this family that I babysit for mother and daughter, let her in and loved her, I too talked to her and learned more, but also was a living example.
Sometimes God saids be flexible, when He does obey!
When someone needs a ear, be willing to listen.
When someone needs a hug, have your arms wide open.
When someone needs to cry, be the shoulder they can lean on.
When someone hurts, be quiet and be there.
I really thank God for giving me the stregth to get through today and for really opening my eyes to a community in need, that is held silent, because no one would listen. God has been so good to me and has been me ears and words, may other's see your love through me. May the familys I encounter be willing to also see me as a living testament for you Lord. Your calling for my life.
Friday, January 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment