"Therefore put on the whole armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm, then…" Ephesians 6:13
Having a firm foundation in God is awesome. We had a barbeque in Los Angeles this weekend. My cousin kept on trying to give me a Smirnoff. I said, "No!" They kept on trying I kept strong and said, "No!" They called me a whimp, but I said, "No, I will not drink!" Knowing me of course I'm going to say no. If you look at me like a whim go ahead, but I am not a whimp in God's eyes, I am faithful, and He does not call me a whimp. God is good, I was not tempted.
Obeying God's call is even harder. I'm being tempted and tempted to stay home, but when God is saying "GO!" I've bumped into little obstacles here and there. My mom's side of the family being one of them. God has been faithful to me, I have really depended on Him for words and strength. Being a missionary isn't easy. I'm getting the glimpse of it now.
Tom Lin's Testimony
The true reality of obeying God's calling is hard but God is good and he provides for our needs.
At Urbana, one of the testimony speakers Tom Lin gave his testimony. It was a powerful testimony, really reminds me of my grandparents. Go to Urbana. Then go to Streaming Video, go to January 31st evening, then hit on the link to Tom Lin's testimony!
Honestly I thought it was going to be much easier, but I'm now facing the reality of preparation for missions. I'm not scared anymore. Am I worried? Not, anymore. These last few weeks have shown me not to worry but to rely on God. I am hurt though, but God has been healing me.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment