Joshua 1:7 reads: Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the laws my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.
This verse still resounds in my heart.
What does it mean to be strong and VERY courageous? When the world looks down on what you believe. When those around you don't agree with the path you're taking, but that God has laid on your heart something that you can't even comprehend.
When we look at the Bible one person I am like is Jonah. Jonah was called by God to go to a place where evil loomed. He was afraid to go, but God called. Jonah did everything in his own power to disobey God and go his own path. He ended up in a Big Ol'Whale! I believe when we look at Jonah many of us can relate. Maybe God is calling you to go talk to your family, maybe God is calling you to take that job that pays little to nothing, maybe God is calling you to go to that homeless person on the street, maybe God is calling you to go overseas. But, are you too afraid? Do you not want to go? Maybe you think your too young or you don't have gifts or talents? I believe that God can use us. I believe he can use us in our broken state. I believe it is through our relationships that God is made known. It is through showing through our lives and actions who Jesus Christ is us by living a life. Living a life of love.
Do you hear the knock? Is God knocking on your heart? I know for myself God has knocked on my heart many times. I know that God has opened many doors and I also know he has closed many doors, but somehow he has this path figured out that I don't ever know. I know he has everything planned out in my life.
These last few weeks I have been in the process of decerning where it is God wants me to go. Graduation is a year a way. God has given me a heart for youth, a heart for missions, and also a heart to mobilize. But, also a heart to speak and evangelize to share his love through actions and sometimes words.
This week as I have spent time with the JRHers and also with others outside of church I realized how much knowledge many of them have. I have realized that many are hungry. Many are hungry to hear the Word for the first time. Many are hungry to be loved by God. Today as I sat by a child at church I realized that each of us is different and we each experience God differently. I am a lot like this child. I was one of those children who maybe didn't concentrate at church much of the time as a child, but if I wasn't paying attention I was reading my Bible. This child next to me reminded me of myself. During worship she just read her Bible, hungry for the Word of God. I mean how often do you see a child just open a Bible and want to read it? How awesome is that! I want to see youth passionate about the Word, but I want to also give those who don't have access to the Bible a chance to hear and read the Words of such a loving God.
I am reminded of the promise that God has told me that I will be successful wherever I go. Through everything it is with his guidance. Don't worry if God is calling you and you feel like you can't do it he will guide your every steps!
Is it China? Is it Japan? Is it Mexico? Is it France? Is it Kyrgyzstan? Is it Indonesia? Is it Africa?



If God is calling you somewhere now you better follow! I know for me I don't want to end up in a whale. But, sometimes when we end up in the whale or in the aha moment we understand that God's plans are above ours. God is knocking. God is calling.
Follow your heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment