If you know me well my rooms pretty messy, I've been having a couple of papers I've hung on the wall. I read my prayer wall that was made in junior high. I pinned up one paper I recieved my first year of high school. I stumbled upon it once more and read through it. I haven't read it for awhile...
To the students of the CUMC High School Sunday School Class, these are the words of him who consumes much cheesecake. I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perservance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first. You have come a long way but there is still a long journey that awaits you. Remember the following exhortations and learn to make them part of your everyday way of living. To those who have ears, let them hear.
1. Be humble...for better or for worse, the world does not revolve around you.
2. Be Grateful...what would the billons of impoverished people in the world do if they had the opportunities you have?
3. Be Focused...pay attention to the details of life, you don't know what you're missing
4. Be Color-Blind...being part of a homogeneous crowd is a blessing but it could be a curse if the bigger picture is not in sight
5. Be Encouraging...when people come into contact with you, do they feel better or worse about themselves?
6. Be Discerning...just because you don't get caught, doesn't make it feel right
7. Be Disciplined...going through life half asleep is a terrible way to live
8. Be Hungry...you'll get fed in church but remember to eat throughout the week
9. Be Accountable...say what you'll do, do what you say, and help others do the same
10. Be Courageous...with little risk comes little reward
Saturday, February 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment